How to Care for Denture?
Caring for your dental dentures is important to maintain oral functionality and hygiene. There are certain protocols to be followed when dealing with dentures. Please consider the following advice:
- Only a qualified dental professional such as Kane and Kerper dentists in Oxnard should adjust your denture or diagnose any oral health problem.
- Dentures should be carefully brushed with a soft brush with round bristles. Gently clean all sides of the teeth using circular motions.
- Use dentist-recommended denture creams to prevent abrasion, and rinse your brushing cream or gel with cold water. Hot water can cause dentures to warp.
- Regularly check your dentures for wear and tear.
- Stained or worn dentures do not work as effectively and may cause decay. They are also unsightly. Visit your dentist for replacement of dentures if stained.
- Always inform your dentist about any health condition or existing medication you may be taking.
- Consult your Kane and Kerper dentists in Oxnard if your dentures become looser because loose dentures can cause pressure and friction on the bone tissue and gums.
- Keep your dentures covered in cleaning solution or clean water to maintain hygiene and moisture.